At Cherry Lash, we love to bring in new customers and show them just how simple and easy eyelash extensions really are. Here’s some basic information to know in this area, from the standard steps of the process to the cleaning requirements and basic precautions you should take before and after your appointment.
If you’ve never had it done before, you may be a little apprehensive about the actual process of installing lash extensions. But in reality, this is a simple process that follows a few basic steps:
- For starters, your artist will spend some time with you going over the shape of your eye and your narual lashes. From this information, you’ll choose your desired lash extensions together.
- Your eyelash artist will place a gel pad over your bottom lashes, then secure this in place using professional-grade medical tape. This protects the skin from tweezers or other tools, and also keeps the bottom lashes from getting in the way.
- From here, each extension will be placed on your eye on a per-lash basis. Every individual lash is isolated and given its own extension. This is done by the artist dipping each extension into the adhesive solution, then immediately placing it on your lash. Most lashes will cure in just one or two seconds.
If you’re looking to get the very most out of your extensions once they’re put in, the single most important factor is cleaning them regularly. At least two or three times a week is the bare minimum here, and we recommend doing so more often if you can.
A few other random tips and precautions for first-timers who may be inexperienced in this area:
- There’s a common misconception that you aren’t allowed to wear makeup or wet your lashes after an extension application appointment – this simply isn’t true.
- As long as the makeup you choose is marked safe for lash extensions, and as long as you clean the lashes well after each application, makeup is just fine.
- One part of the above myth is true: You should avoid wetting your lashes until the adhesive fully cures, which may take a couple hours or could take up to a day. After this, though, there’s no issue with wetting lashes.